This was one of those Red Letter days...smile... Son Randy came over to help move a portable fireplace from Karen's apartment over here. We hope to use it in the basement this winter. Karen needed a little more room in her apartment and the apartments are plenty warm!! smile... (lucky us...smile...)
After Randy left I looked out the window and saw this 'big' woodpecker working on the suet!! And I think he finished it off...as it was all gone tonight!! Tomorrow Tom will fill them back up again!!! smile....
Tom got a call yesterday afternoon that his glasses were done, so this morning he ran out there to get them...only to find out that only his sunglasses came in:( Then later this afternoon they called again, to say his glasses had come in! So we went out and got them.....as we were coming home we noticed this CHRISTmas tree in front of our Museum! I thought what???????????? I wondered how long it's been there..
I spotted these pretty flowers when we were sitting at a stop light...still pretty aren't they??? It was 18 as a low last night so...if they were going to freeze off that would have done it...smile....
![]() |
| The heart of Autumn must have broken here, And poured its treasure out upon the leaves. Charlotte Fiske Bates |
Later when we came home we took Rusty out for a short walk...our weather was very nice! I took this picture..then when we got home and I read Susan Branch's blog. She had this saying on her blog...don't you just love it??? If you've never checked out her blog...it is a must! You'll never regret it...smile...
Hope your week is going well........
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"The Many Thoughts of Grace"
December 31, 1936:
Washed 10 diapers. Baked a cake. Lawrence went to Sergeant Bluff. Melvin came tonight. He wants me to go to show tomorrow night.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------more as it happens in the city........





3 comments:
It's so crazy when I hear people talking about Snow and COLD weather... When we were experiencing 87degree weather today.... : ) Lovely pictures as always Gert.... Have a wonderful week
Good Wednesday morning, Gert!
We have had some cold temperatures, but the knock out roses are still in full bloom, not damaged at all by the frost. Who would think that we would still have roses in November?:-)
Doesn't Susan's blog just help motivate all of us to create that special something that makes our house a home? I just love it!
Today is our grandson's 8th birthday. We called him before he left for school and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. We'll see him Saturday!
Thanks for sending such good pictures!
Hi Gert...
I couldn't believe it when I saw the Christmas lights up on the poles here in our little town...they must have put them up yesterday! First time ever for them to go up this early..Wow.. The turkeys are still gobbling and we are seeing lights! Not sure what is up with all of this...
Glad your son was able to help....Hope you all enjoy a wonderful evening.
Post a Comment