I figured I'd wake up bright and early this morning since I knew we were going to the Farmer's Market! Yeah!!! But..........we slept in...hummm....however, my first thought was something a friend told me last night...'so what?' smile.. We were at an MS Seminar last night and I was telling an elderly friend how different it is since I'm no longer working (retired...smile), like I don't get the things done like I did when I worked. The first words out of her mouth were "so what?" ha...ha...
We finally got going about 10 a.m. and it was busy...busy...busy! Love it!!!
There were all sorts of tables...selling everything...from food to flowers...
Speaking of flowers...this lady was so...so busy..she had the prettiest flowers you'd ever want to see... I even bought something from her. smile...
We stopped by our friends booth...she said she had missed us and was worried that something had happened. She was relieved to see us...just makes me smile... Look at all these tomatoes...can you imagine what their farm looks like?? Her son..looking at me in the bright green shirt raises all of them!
I just loved these cute little "tu..tu's"...aren't they just the sweetest??
This shows the busy-ness of everything going on. Old and young people, dogs, babies and food!
We worked our way back to our friends stand (and look at the line up of people buying..buying and buying!) smile... Of course my Tom (in his hat) was waiting to buy some yumm...yumm tomatoes!
I love these...first dad pushing his twins (cute...), mom walking with their dog (I think it's a Labadoodle)...then the dad with his 2 week old baby girl...(yes he had her covered up...I just asked to see her..smile...) then the little gray dog..(not a good shot..sorry...) it was so cute... and finally the pointer (brown and white)...which belongs to my dentist! He stopped me and said "Hi Gert"! I said "Hi!"...then he said 'you don't know who I am do you??' I had to admit, I didn't...smile... When he told me, I felt so bad..but he just laughed...however, those shorts and baseball cap...sure didn't look anything like his uniform he usually wears...smile.. We didn't stay too long as it was very hot...I looked and saw the back of Tom's shirt was wet...so I knew he was sweating and getting too "hot". As soon as I got in the van, my face felt really hot..I looked in the mirror and it was really 'red'...whoops...you can sure tell I'm not use to being out in the sun! The rest of the morning we ran a few errands and ate out...smile... We had a high of 89, so this air-conditioning feels very good! How about you?? How was your day??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"
April 20, 1940: Paul and Mama came down. They had been to Missouri, and took Dad. Mama stayed. We chopped wood. Had ice cream for supper.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city.............









4 comments:
Gert-It sounds like you had a wonderful day! I love a farmer's market but ours aren't quite up to par with produce yet. Another couple of weeks and they will be.
Glad Tom and you were both able to be out and about in spite of the heat. it is hot here, too. We are still traveling but headed home tomorrow. I am ready to go home.
Hope you have a good night and a great Sunday and if you don't get much done...well...SO WHAT!!!! xo Diana
I love going to markets and I love all the fresh items that they offer..
that sun can sure do some damage, real fast, if one is not careful...I was out the other day and before I knew it, I could feel my shoulders burning...too much sun that day..
This all looks so beautiful Gert! Sunshine, gorgeous colourful vegetables and flowers. Lots of folk just enjoying being out with their families and animals. Certainly cheers me:)
Thanks for taking these great photos. It gives me a feel for what it's like in your corner of the world. Lovely!
Hope you can keep cool and relaxed for the rest of the week-end.
Wow what a nice market. Seeing the yellow tomatoes, made me think of my dad, he loved them. Take care when out in the heat. Praying you get rain soon. Smiles, Susie
Post a Comment