Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Heat Index of 114!!!

We had some issues with our TV, we weren't getting the Hallmark channels! And if you know me...I "Love"  those channels. Now who doesn't just love Matlock and Murder She Wrote? smile... The Cable repairman came out yesterday and found the problem...a squirrel had chewed into the line, so he had to replace it. He was a really nice guy, and so helpful. But as cute as those little squirrels are...they can really wreck havoc on wires!

Last night some friends stopped over, she is going to make some beet pickles for Tom. Apparently, they are having a good crop of them this year...smile... All she said she needed were some 1 quart jars..which we had on hand, so they came by and picked them up. Tom is really excited, as he loves them!

Yesterday, after a big hassle of trying to get Tom's meds, we finally were able to find them! Long story...which I may share one day! smile...  At any rate..I saw this dog tied up at the ice machine while it's owner went in the store. (It probably wished it could open that door and get a little ice out of there...smile...)  

Today is terribly HOT here in Iowa...last time I checked it was 100 degrees. Wouldn't it be nice to be floating down the river??? ha... No...not really...smile....I have stayed in the house all day...Tom thought it was too hot this morning to walk around the Farmers Market. sad... Once again, we missed the Market...I'm so depressed....but there is always Saturday...smile... Gives us something to look forward to!

Be sure and check my left column to see the sweet give away over at the Prairie Flower Farm's blog site. She has the most fun parties!!

I hope you are all safe with this heat, fires and floods due to rains in Florida... My friend in Australia said she could use a little of this heat...since they are having their winter down there right now. Wish  we could share a few of our temps with each other via the internet...lol...

I found this prayer on Face Book and thought it was truly appropriate right now. Please take a minute and say this prayer.


♥ Prayers Needed for Colorado ♥
Father God, we pray for Colorado as fires continue to rage in that state. Comfort those who have lost their homes and be with the 32,000 evacuees who fled theirs. We ask that you protect the men and women fighting the fires. Please send rain and stay the winds in this area, as only you can. We pray, Lord, that you bring these fires under control, in Jesus' name, amen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"

April 19, 1940: I planted some garden. Took Francis out with me. It rained some. Made some ice cream.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city............

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Yes, Gert. Prayers for Colorado are definitely in order!

Such a strange weather pattern we find ourselves in this season!

I notice the entry from the diary is a week before my birth - well, six days, anyway.:)

Take care, Gert!

xo Nellie

NanaDiana said...

I am praying for Colorado, too. It is so heartbreaking. I am glad that things have sorted themselves out with Tom's meds...and that you are going to get some BEETS! Hope you have a good day tomorrow and that it cools down for you- Those temps are miserable- xo Diana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails