I promised you some pictures from down by the river...and what a perfect day to share them..it is very warm here. This first picture is of the Anderson Dance Pavilion...it is beautiful! (And look who helped build it...my Tom!) When we went by Sunday..someone was having a party in it. Yes, from weddings to outside church services... We use to hold our MS Walks there also. It looks like Tom helped build this 21 years ago...and it still looks wonderful!!! (Even survived the flood of 2011!) smile...
Boat flying down the river.........
Meeting up with friends on the river.......
Another one flying down river..........
They look like their floating down the river....smile..(but I think their actually buzzing down the river...smile..)
You always hear me talking about the "South Bottoms" (where Tom grew up) and this monument is on the river front also!
We spotted this shell of a Model A (?) and I wanted a picture of it. So Tom did a u'y (or should I say a u turn) and drove back and stopped in front of it so I could get this picture...smile....Isn't he just the sweetest? Of course when we do these things we're always sure we are safe and not causing any traffic issues..smile..
Did you have a nice day? I'm sure it's HOT all over the U.S., and only going to get worse...so sad. We need to take a moment and pray for all those who are afflicted by this heat and humidity. And of course those states that have the wildfires. I believe this is the worst I've ever seen... Father, hear our prayers...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"
April 14, 1940: It was such a nice day 85 degrees. Mrs. Schopp came down about 4:00. We went up to Dairy. Saw Vincent M. Baby had his first ice cream. Mrs. S. gave him a pair of coveralls.
(BTW: Mrs. Schopp is Jack's mother. smile..)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city.......................








3 comments:
Oh wow...it hit 100 here today. Too hot, but I must not complain, especially after our 110 degree days last year, with no rain!
Great river pictures..I love seeing the river and boat going up and down.
Gorgeous header picture!
have a good evening
Good Tuesday afternoon, Gert.
I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of people having fun on the water. I am seldom near the river that runs through our town to really see what is going on there.
We have had a cooler day today, thanks to a cool front that has come through. Too brief a break, however, as the temps are going to really heat up before the week-end.:(
xo Nellie
Lovely pictures Gert. Reminds me of the song "Cruising Down the River on a Sunday Afternoon":) Sorry it has been so hot everywhere over there. Just wish I could share some of our cold mornings with you!
Post a Comment