These were the clouds in our sky last night...kind of pretty, I think.
And then I spotted these two turtle doves...perched in our tree!
Soon however, the skies opened up and it started to rain. We were excited...but felt sorry for the turtle dove as it sat out in the rain...which only lasted a short while. Do you notice how they puff their feathers out...apparently it helps to keep them somewhat dry! smile....
I sat outside this morning getting some much needed Vitamin D (provided by the sun...instead of out of a bottle..smile...) It was so good to be able to sit out there; listening to the birds sing..watching the neighborhood children as they played their antics and feel the cool wind blowing against my face. Isn't it amazing when you take the time to be quiet and enjoy some of God's work? I thought maybe....just maybe I'd see some activity around the 'wren house'...and as I was looking around, I saw this birds nest way up in the tree...what do you think?? Maybe a robin's nest?? That is what I thought anyway, especially since this robin, keep flying around, landing on the fence, walking around the yard, and of course landing on the STOP sign, but never went to the nest, so I'm not sure. Anyone recognize this type of nest? What do you think?
Hope your day was as nice as mine was! Let me know, I love hearing from you....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"
February 20, 1939: We woke up at 4:15 a.m. Jack got up and built the fires. It was 8 below this morning.
(can you imagine?? 8 below with no heat in the house till the fires are built! Are we lucky today or what??)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city.............







3 comments:
Here I am thinking how cold it is today with a max.of 11C and min.3C overnight. I don't know how I would cope with 8 below and no heating for sleeping. They must have had to pile on the blankets!
Glad you have been enjoying sitting outside and enjoying the lovely day. Nothing like sunlight and nature to make you feel good.
Such sweet doves. They are so pretty. You just can't beat that natural kind of vitamin D.
Hope your day, hope your weekend is filled with many gracious blessings.
Hugs
Our daughter and the two grandchildren went back to their home on Thursday after coming to visit on Monday. Our weather has been very hot, not very comfortable for being outside - for me.:) We did have a little rain last night, just about 1/10 of an inch.
Take care, Gert, and stay cool.
xo Nellie
Post a Comment