Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy First Day of Summer!

Well, "Happy First Day of Summer" to all of you! How are you enjoying this day? I thought our sun out in our back yard would be a perfect  photo to greet the summer!!! smile....

Our morning started with clouds and rain...so it was another Farmers Market day that we missed! sad... 


Remember I told you Tom made chili yesterday? We tried it out last night...just to be sure it was eatable...lol Of course it was delicious...and had it for lunch today. When I was telling my daughter Brenda yesterday about it...fear struck her voice as she remembered how Tom 'use' to make it! HOT-HOT-HOT smile..   When he originally got the 'Chili' Cookbook...he found this recipe and made it just like it stated!  It called for something like 4 Tablespoons of chili pepper and red hot chili and red medium chili, he now has it down to like 1/2 tsp each...ha... He learnt a lesson..how great recipes can be but you have to tweak it for your family! smile... So I let Brenda know if she were here she would agree that the chili now...was 'yummy'...smile...

While we were having lunch I kept hearing a bird singing away...so I opened the door to hear the song. Tom and I looked out and we both saw some activity in the house. So we are just sure there are babies in it once again this year!! We shall keep watch, and hopefully catch a shot of them!!
I've been wanting to tell you about our little Rusty...he is such a good boy....and so helpful to me. If I should drop something on the floor..he will pick it up and bring it to me! Whether it's a pencil, sock, paper or many other items...he is amazing! Today...he went to the groomers and got all prettied up! smile... or should I say..he looks so 'handsome'!!! He even got a fourth of July kerchief! He has been sleeping since he got home...when he goes visiting he is pooped when he gets home...smile...

How did you spend your first day of summer???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"

February 19, 1939: Jack got up at five this morning. It was warm at first today and then it really got cold. I slept this afternoon. I tried the stove out by baking a cake. It burned on top.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city...................






3 comments:

Nellie said...

Gert, our first day of summer was a hot one, and I was busy with laundry. My husband always has garden chores that he takes care of in the mornings, before it becomes too hot. One of our daughters has been here with the two grandchildren, and they spent the day at the zoo with friends from when they lived in town before.
The chili looks good! I always enjoy a bowl of chili.
xo Nellie

NanaDiana said...

It was really hot here today, Gert. I ran a few errands and am getting the house in order so that we can take a little trip for a few days.

I don't like really spicy chili either, Gert. Glad you toned that original recipe down.

I hope you have a wonderful night and a good day tomorrow- xo Diana

Susie said...

Gert, What a cute doggie. And helpful too !! Yes, chili is a trial and error for me sometimes. I never follow a recipe...just make it. Enjoy your birdies, smiles, Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails