Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Baking and more....

We made this banana bread yesterday...just a few staples and viola..you have banana bread!! I found this easy recipe on Pinterest . 
What You'll Need:
Yellow Cake Mix
2 Eggs
3-4 Overripe Bananas
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips, nuts, etc.

Smash bananas in a large bowl (I just mixed them in my KitchenAid), then add remaining ingredients and mix well. Batter will fill 2 small loaf pans (GREAT for gifts!!) or one large loaf pan. Make sure to spray pans well with nonstick cooking spray and a little bit of flour.

Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes (bake longer if using larger loaf pan)


We woke up bright and early again this morning. I do love the quiet time and watch the sunrise each day.
I wrote this, this morning...
I look out my window
As morning skies begin
With their pink hues
Streaking across the blue!

Only God could create such beauty
My camera just cannot capture this
Why? I wonder...
Oh yes, only God can do that for us! amen


Last night we went to an MS Seminar, it was very interesting and found out our doctors office will have an official Multiple Sclerosis fellow! (This means we'll have a neurologist who specializes in Multiple Sclerosis!) This is huge! I'm excited and sounds like I will get to see her after she comes on board after the first of the year! smile...

Look what I caught (on camera)  today....smile... our neighborhood squirrel playing in our flower pot!

And look what he was up to!  I saw he had 'muddy' feet...see how black they are?? Then I saw some of our marigolds laying on the patio! Yup, after Tom had watered the flowers this morning "Mr. Squirrel" jumped up there and dug...dug...dug! Not sure if he was digging something up or burying something...smile..and in doing this he got his little feet muddy...smile...

Well, this is one of the only plants that is surviving this 'hot' summer. Tom has moved it to the shade and that has really helped. (I had it out on the front porch in the afternoon sun.. ) I believe there are little red peppers in this pot! (You can see a closer picture of them above.) Speaking of heat...we had another bad day today...it was 98...so again I chose to stay home and miss our Red Hat Luncheon...sad... BUT the temps are to cool down tomorrow and SONday...yeah! So I'm sure that means we will be able to do something outside of the house...smile...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"

May 13, 1940: Real hot. Washed. Washed curtains. Planted corn and peas. Came a little rain and wind tonight. Jack didn't come home.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city...........

2 comments:

Betty said...

That banana cake looks delicious Gert. I hadn't thought of putting choc. chips in.....yum!
Your pictures and poem are lovely. I'm wondering what that flower is in the pot. I could just see the red peppers in there.

Gert said...

Betty..I'm not sure what those flowers are but hopefully when I go back to the farmers market this week I'll find out! smile...

Thanks for stopping by..

Gert

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails