Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First of August already.....

I can't believe July is gone and August is here already! Where does the time go?? Soon school will be back in session, the poor kids I'm afraid will be in for a 'hot' one! I don't think this weather is going to cool down very soon, even though they are predicting some rain and cooler temps...we shall see!! smile... Prayers for this are welcome....

I woke up this morning with something that feels like a summer cold...sad... or it might just be sinus's again!! But whatever it is...I feel pretty lousy..sad... However...I did have some good news today...I was approved for some new medication for my MS...yeah! It will be interesting to see how it works on me.. It'll probably be awhile before I get it and try it out. I will keep you updated on how it goes. smile... 

Once again we had a 'hot' day...99 degrees with a heat index of 104...as you can see the birds enjoyed the cool water in the bird bath and the neighborhood cat enjoyed the coolness of the shade of our deck. 

Since this is the first of August and the middle of the week...what have you been up to today? I'd love to hear... 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Many Thoughts of Grace"

May 12, 1940: Went up to Schopp's this morning. Dad came there after me. Went over home. Paul and Berniece brought me home. Ralph and Vera were here a little while.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city..........


3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hi Gert- Yes-it is hard to believe it is August already- and a hot August,too, here!

I am sorry that you aren't feeling well but I am tickled that you are going to get to try some new meds for your MS. I hope they work well for you. Blessings- xo Diana

Nellie said...

Happy Thursday to you, Gert. It is now the 2nd of August!:) On the first of August, we made a little journey to my college campus for an Alumni event. It continues until Sunday! Lots of enjoyment!

That's good news about the new MS medicine. I hope you will find it effective.

xo Nellie

Betty said...

I hope your cold hasn't been too annoying. It's enough to have the heat to put up with.
I do hope you will find the new medication helpful, when you get it. They seem to come up with new things all the time. Naomi has been on a few trials for her arthritis and found the new drugs very helpful.
We are getting quite a bit of sunshine today (Friday) and it sure makes a big difference. I've been out shopping and folk are all happy with the sunshine:)
Hope it is nice at the week-end. I'm going to do a little weed-pulling. I really need to get started on it soon!
Have a good Friday and hope the week-end is a bit cooler.
A gentle hug,
Betty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails