Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Visit....

Today Tom had an appointment with his hearing aid man to have them checked. I called my sister in law who lives next door to him and asked if she'd be home, which of course she said "yes...and why don't you two come for dinner, I'm making Quiche" Now how could I refuse??? smile... We got to the town a little early, so drove out by the airport (where I use to work), I always loved this little church. (It's especially beautiful in the winter when it's surrounded by fresh fallen snow!) Almost 50 years ago, my girlfriend Mary..(the one I had lunch with a couple weeks ago) and I along with our babies attended church here...smile...

When we got to Bob and Lela's, we visited a little, then she said dinner was ready. When we went into the dining room, this is what we saw! Look how beautiful her table setting was!!! Isn't it pretty?? Quiche, rolls, fresh fruit salad, pudding and cookies for dessert! Oh yes, and iced tea to drink! How amazing this was.

Cheeseburger Quiche
9-inch baked pie shell
1/2 lb. hamburger meat
1/2 C. onion, chopped
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1/2 C. milk
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 C.(6 oz.) grated cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp.ground oregano

Brown hamburger and onion, then drain. In medium mixture bowl, beat together milk, mayonnaise and seasoning.  Stir in beaten eggs. Add one cup cheese, and ground beef and onion mixture to bowl. Pour into baked pie shell in glass pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. 

I thought you would enjoy having the recipe as much as we enjoyed the quiche!

Here they are...looking really great as always. I don't think they ever age. smile... It was wonderful to visit with them. 

Afterwards, we went shopping for groceries. There were several things on the sales ad that we wanted to buy and tomorrow a new ad comes out! So.....we just HAD to go to the store...smile... So it was a busy day but a good one... How about you? How was your day???

1 comment:

Nellie said...

This sounds like a lovely way to spend your day! I enjoyed lunch with fellow retirees from my school! We meet once a month, and just can't seem to stop talking!:)
Have a good Wednesday, Gert!

xo Nellie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails