I told you I got one of those 'ugly' pumpkins...smile... and of course I got a 'white' one also. I just love them...and later on I might get a 'regular' orange one!! I'll just see if I can convince Tom into letting me get one...lol Like I really have to get his permission...ha... I just hope these frosts we've been having won't hurt our pumpkins that are sitting out on the porch. Maybe Tom will have to put them in the garage if they are predicted again...
Saturday, Tom conceded and asked for help with his yard work. He just had so many things that needed to be done, since the summer had prevented him from being able to get out to do these things. So he called a few numbers in the newspaper! I just prayed someone would come and do a good job... First, a man came and Tom was showing him what he wanted and I was praying..."please Father make this man one that can do the job that Tom expects.." Soon, there was another person at the door, wanting to do an estimate. Well, number one guy, said to Tom, let him do the work and left!!! Man number two settled on a price and said he'd be back in the afternoon. By 3 p.m. we decided they weren't going to show..sad... And then...there they were.....there was a crew of about four of them...(one being man number one...smile...that is why he said "let him do the work"...they were both with the same crew...smile...) Oh, and work...boy did they ever do that...they trimmed the dead branches from the trees, and trimmed some of the bushes, mowed the yard and picked up all the grass and leaves. And they hauled all of it away! Wow, like Tom said it would have taken him till next spring to do all of this...smile... We can only fill one barrel a week with grass clippings, and if you have limbs you have to cut them up and they too go in that one barrel. So, now you can understand that 'till spring' statement...smile... This picture is after they were all done..no leaves or weeds anywhere!! We were so happy with them and I 'thanked God' for putting them into our lives... "Ask and you shall receive"....
With our 25 degrees temperatures for an overnight low...Tom brought our pretty plant in and sat it on a table he had made in shop class almost 60 years ago! smile... Tomorrow I will show a better picture of it!! I love it..it's so personal!!! I think it will do well this fall and winter, hopefully we'll be able to put it out again next spring! smile...
Tom mentioned he was hungry for tacos today...and the light bulb came on...I remembered that they had messed up on an order for us awhile back and offered to give us another one 'free'...so I found my receipt along with the note I had made and they said 'yes' come in and they'd fulfill their promise! Tom went up at lunch time and that is what we had for lunch!! (Ever notice how a 'free' lunch always tastes better??smile...)
I hope Monday was a blessed day for you..........
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



2 comments:
Tacos sound good. I haven't had one of those in a very long time!
You were lucky to find such good workers to finish up some yard work for you.
We have had no frost here, though we are certainly enjoying much cooler morning temperatures.
I hope you are having a good Tuesday!
xo Nellie
Good day or should I say G'day Gert.:)
It's 10am here on Wed. and I'm having a quick look at blogs etc. I was too tired last night.
I really like the way you decorate with pumpkins in the 'States'. You seem to make a feature of the season changes. Some of your traditions are gradually becoming popular here like Halloween.
I love that beautiful basket you have brought inside. At least you can enjoy it for a while. It will be interesting to see how it goes during winter.
Glad you had such a good team to help get things done in the yard. It does become a big job when you can't do it gradually. We, too, have a collection for green waste every two weeks and we can also put small bundles of branches on the nature strip next to the bin. We also have a recycle bin for paper, cans and glass each alternate fortnight. Then there is the small bin for household waste.
I bet you enjoyed those tacos!
I'm off soon to have a hair trim.
Have a good night, Betty
Post a Comment