Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Old Buildings....

Remember, I told you I'd share these pictures of the buildings we spotted when we made our trip to South Dakota last week?? First, I thought this was a beautiful one!!! It's The First Baptist Church...

We then went into the town of Volin, SD..where Tom's great Grandparents lived and raised their family.

This is their Town Hall...smile... Old, but kind of pretty....as it's painted silver and blue.

This is the old school house. Isn't it ever so cool?? I wish we could have gone inside it to see what it looked like.

Tom remembers the Volin Bank, which was up the street from his Great Grandmothers house. I believe someone must be either living in it, or has decorated it as a museum piece. smile... (Look at all the wood piled up along side the building...and the blue door!!

Today, we were both very tired, I'm assuming from all our travels last week...tomorrow I will tell you how God played a role in our Saturday...smile... Blessings and I hope you had a wonderful SONday!

3 comments:

Nellie said...

I love to visit old buildings, Gert! Very often they are torn down to make way for more modern construction. I think that's a sad development.:(

Thank you for your visits to my blog. I love reading your comments.

xo Nellie

Rebecca Nelson said...

One of my favorite things to do is visit old buildings. I especially love to see old pictures and then compare them to the buildings today!

AWESOME GIRL! LOVE IT!

xoRebecca

Betty said...

Hello Gert,
These old buildings are beautiful. It looks like a lovely day. You must have enjoyed the trip. Hope you can take it easy now for a few days.
Thanks very much for your comments Gert. The weather is getting much nicer here now.
I've been off-line for a couple of days and it has been fixed tonight. A plug had come out. I wonder if a little visitor was investigating:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails