Yesterday we headed to the lakes to visit our friend and share some memories....of when we use to fish up there.. this road took us along the lake.. real pretty....
We spotted these ducks floating along in the water....
And this illusive crane! Every time I'd try to take a picture of one, it would fly away....we finally spotted this one and I zoomed in on it...smile...
This pelican was busy fishing, it'd scoup into the water and out...not sure if it ever got anything!!
The lake was so calm...
Here is our dear friend that we went to visit in the nursing home (she will be 94). We use to visit her and her husband for years. We'd go to their house and she always...always had an amazing meal prepared for us!!! She had gardens and flowers that were spectacular!!! She sent the 'naked lady' bulb home for Tom one year...smile... Her husband passed away a few years ago... We always loved the quilts she made, one is the one we're sitting on here..smile..
Some of the other sites along the way, were the farmers combining....and working in their fields.
We spotted a lot of wind turbines...dotted across the land... The new way to make electricity...smile...
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend....








3 comments:
How wonderful that you were able to visit your 94 year old friend!
It has been a good day here. I have had such a busy schedule recently that I decided to give myself the day off.:) After a trip to the Farmer's Market, it was time for a little shopping. The rest of the day has been very low-key.
Have a blessed Sunday!
xo Nellie
I know this was a happy day. I'm sure your friend was so glad to see the two of you.
enjoyed the pictures.
Hugs,
shug
I loved this post, Gert. From the beautiful scenery to the sweet lady sitting between you two sweeties:)
Post a Comment