We tried something different today! I forgot I had this in the cupboard. And it was so easy to make and so good! Have you ever tried it? It's made with orzo (one of my favorites...), and all you need to add is chicken.
Tom went to the store and was buying some fresh milk, so to use up what we had I made some custard. It was so yummy!! Even have some for tomorrow!
I spotted this 'male' Downy Woodpecker today. Remember the female that Tom spotted yesterday? This must be her man!! smile....
And here is another picture I took the other night... (are you getting tired of these pictures??) smile...
I was visiting with my daughter this morning and we were talking about my friend Mary (that I had lunch with yesterday..) I shared a story with her about when Mary and I were Juniors in high school, we were attending a high school in the city, (we lived in a small town about 20 miles south of the city) and we went to a school dance (in 1960), after the dance, when we got ready to leave, we went to pick up our coats and purses and her's was gone...along with the keys to her vehicle. We panicked...she called her Mom and she said her dad should be getting off work soon, so we called a cab (I must have had some money) and we went over to where he worked. When we got there he was already gone!! We were so scared...not knowing if the cab driver would take us back to school or what he'd do to us...smile... Of course he took us back and dropped us off... My folks didn't have a phone, but my uncle who lived in a trailer in my folks yard did. So, I called him and asked him to go over and wake up my dad. He said 'no' he'd just come up and get us. (Bless his heart..) When he got there he said we'd better tow the car to another area in case the thieves saw us leave, they might steal the car. What an adventure... When Mary and I were remembering this she was so disgusted that that happened...but I reminded her, that had we just went to the dance and nothing had happened we wouldn't have this great story to tell...smile.... I thought surely I had shared this story with my daughter at one time or another in her life...but I hadn't...smile... She found it really interesting...ha...ha...
Are you having a good weekend?? I hope you are doing something fun!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more as it happens here in the city.......




4 comments:
Your friend Mary, has such a kind and lovely face. You must have really loved getting together and remembering times you spent together.
Your dishes look very tasty Gert.
We had a party today for Emma's 8th birthday.
Hope you have a good day.
Betty
Gert, We get those little woodpeckers around here. We used to get the red headed ones , till we cut down their wood pecker condo willow tree. Good way to look at that story as an adventure.Smiles, Susie
What a neat story to remember from your former school days! Did Mary ever find her coat and keys?
Your meal sounds yummy!
xo Nellie
must have been terrifying at the time.
love the sweet deer!
Post a Comment