Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Busy Day...

The other morning, I came walking into the kitchen, I spotted this beautiful sunrise out the window...(it was quite chilly that day) so Tom stepped out and shot this photo!! At about the same moment, my son Randy texted me to say..'check out that sunrise'!!! smile... great minds!!!

Tuesday when we went to therapy, I spotted this and thought it was so pretty...the landscape just goes on and on...smile...


The other evening, our bird bath was empty 'again'...the robins were going through the water like crazy!!! But I thought this little robin was looking at me like..."I want some more water"!!! smile... The next morning Tom filled the bath but, all I've seen are some 'snow birds' since then, so I assume the robins have headed south for the winter....sad... I will miss them.... (maybe he was telling me goodbye for this year....)

Yesterday, we made this Quiche  It was amazing...just like it was when we had it down to my sister in laws. Before we made it, I called her to tell her we were going to make it, BUT I had a question...the recipe calls for a 'baked' pie shell...now whenever I baked a pie shell, I'd prick it with a fork so it wouldn't bubble. But I thought if I did that I'd have holes in the bottom of my shell and I couldn't imagine pouring a liquid (Quiche mixture) in it...but she said it would be okay and of course it was! 

Hope you had a nice Halloween and saw a few little goblins...smile... or maybe some 'big' ones...lol This is our granddaughter Ashley....she did this makeup herself!! scary.... 

Tomorrow's Red Hat day...speaking of...I worked this morning setting up a blog for our Red Hat group...I  hope the ladies enjoy it!

I end this with thoughts and prayers for all those on the east coast who are suffering now from this disaster... May the victims find comfort in Jesus' words in John 16:33, "..in Me you may have peace; in the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." We pray this in Jesus' name, amen.

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Gert-What a beautiful sunrise. Just gorgeous. Sadly, our robins have been gone for several weeks now- I miss them, too.
Your quiche looks great. I have never made it in a pre-baked crust before. I'll bet that makes a nice, firm crust.
Your granddaughter looks pretty scary to me!
Have a wonderful red hat meeting- Blessings- xo Diana

Nellie said...

Good pictures of the landscape, Gert. Seems like you are missing some hills, though.:)

I made quiche on Tuesday. It's one of our very favorites!

Prayers for all those who have been affected by this storm!

xo Nellie

Betty said...

We have been seeing TV coverage of the devastation along your East coast and our thoughts are with those folk dealing with the aftermath.
Beautiful sunrise Gert!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails