Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Past


I was checking out some old Christmas photos and I came across this one. This is me in 1959, some of the things I see, I'm kneeling in front of our 'artificial' tree, showing off my travel suitcase that my folks got me for Christmas (and I still have it today!) I think the clothes I had on were gifts also! I see Mom must have gotten a new coffee maker! Also, I noticed the window...where I had stenciled with spray snow, Santa flying across the snow laden hills! We lived in a 5 bedroom farm house, but the upstairs wasn't heated in the winter, so my brothers slept on a fold out couch in the front room. You can see their clothes laying on the sewing machine and hanging on the curtain rod! I had a bed in my folk's bedroom. I think that is why I always loved springtime the best, as that is when we got to have our own bedrooms again upstairs!! smile....  

I thought you would like to see our little Rusty the other night. I about cracked up, when I looked over there and saw how he was holding his treat in his mouth! Looks just like a big cigar doesn't it? ha...ha...
Tomorrow we take him back out to the vet to get his stitches taken out! He has been such a good boy, we didn't even need to use the collar...as he didn't chew on his tail.

I told you, I'd share some of the fun we had at our Red Hat Christmas luncheon. Three ladies 'volunteered' and  they had three helpers and they decorated each one turning them into angels! They were given white tissue paper, ribbon, gold cord and scotch tape! Didn't they all do a great job?? smile....

We made some crock-pot dressing this afternoon and will turn it on tomorrow for our South Bottoms Christmas potluck! It should be amazing and lots of fun!

I hope you are having a good week! 

more as it happens.......

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Wonderful picture from the past, Gert!
It looks like a good time was had by all the Red Hats!:-)
Crock-pot dressing sounds good. I've never had a recipe for that. Wonder how I've missed it. I certainly have enough recipes to fill many books!:-)
I hope you've had a good Wednesday. xo Nellie

Betty said...

I love looking at your old photos Gert.
That pic. of Rusty is so funny. He doesn't realize he is spreading laughs half way around the world. Ha ha!
Hope he went well at the Vet.
Looks like you had some fun at the Red Hat lunch. Your ladies are very creative!
Have a good Thursday. I'm about to go to bed after a hot and humid day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails