Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Yesterday......

Yesterday...we headed out to go and get a perm! As we were leaving the city, the sun was trying to break through the clouds and fog cover!

However as we got closer to the river you could start to fog cover moving in.

As we sped down the highway we could see more and more fog.





As you can see the fog just got worse and worse...to the point of not being able to see the vehicles ahead of us or coming toward us! And it was so surprising how many cars didn't have their lights on... eeks... I told Tom I think that was the longest 7 miles we've ever driven!! smile... I know I was doing a lot of praying to keep us safe. 

If you've followed my blog for awhile you've seen this little 'red' barn/building...oh so bright and pretty...but yesterday you could barely make it out!!

But finally we crossed the bridge and off to our friends home... "whew!" (Thank you Jesus)

And into her yard we go...


Afterwards, we stopped up town at the little cafe for lunch. She had Hot Beef as one of her specials...of course we couldn't say no to that! smile... Normally, when we go to a cafe they don't make the gravy from scratch...so I (of course) asked her if there was MSG in the gravy?? She said, I make it with corn starch...I said Oh you don't use a mix?? She gave me a look..like "yuck"... no way... I make my own...smile... So we said we'll each have one!!! smile... (By the way...it was delish!!!)


Our trip home was much better... we could even see the cows grazing in the pasture! smile...


Then of course when we got home we got to see our sweet little Great Grandbabies!! Speaking of babies...over at the Prairie Flower Farm blog...she is having baby chicks hatching...it is so sweet to watch them peck through the eggs! Also, she is making cards from her photos she takes around the farm and is selling them.

Hope you had a blessed day!

more as it happens here in the city.........

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Driving in fog is scary, Gert! I'm glad you didn't have any problems.

And - your hair looks lovely! I noticed it in the picture in your previous post.

Have a good Tuesday evening!

xo Nellie

Unknown said...

I also am always amazed when people don't turn their lights on-why? It's so much safer for everyone. I rarely worry about my careful driving I worry about the others out there.
Cute cute baby pics. You can see the change in them already ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails