Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Another Blessed SONday...

This is what we spotted this morning as the sun began to rise in the east! What a beautiful beginning to our SONday! We watched church on TV this morning, since I'm still not up to making it to church..sad... However, God puts his word into our home each SONday, but we miss our church family and services.

Last night I finally finished working on the quarterly newsletter I put out. I had our friend proof read it a couple days ago, I told her I only had a few more things to put in it...but was so happy to have the majority of it proof read. Then the next day, I wasn't feeling too good, and laid down and slept a several hours...so that shot that day..lol Anyway, yesterday I talked to Kinko's and sent it off to them (via e-mail)...it seemed within a minute of sending it...I thought about an article I had typed from a lovely lady and had planned on putting it in this newsletter.. BUT it wasn't there..."Oh my, where was it?" I had noted on her article she'd written that it had been typed...but it wasn't in the file..sad... So I called Kinko's back and had them put a hold on printing it. I searched my computer and finally found it...(yeah) so I had to remove an article and place this one in it...(whew) Off the revised copy went...(big smile...) We picked them up late this afternoon, so hopefully after we go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon, we'll get them stamped and sent off..(a month late..but like I told Tom I really lost a whole month when I was in the hospital and nursing home for rehab!)

When we went out the other day (I'm assuming to one of our doctors..) we spotted this lady out hoeing her corn. Looks like she'll have a good crop!

Then on the other side of town I spotted this cotton tail!! (Now I see why they call them 'cotton tail'!) And I'm sure that lady up above is glad this bunny is on the other side of town....ha..ha..

I just have to end this post with a quote from our granddaughter Ashley..."I told Ben the other day that being married made me feel so "grown up"...then we chased the ice cream man down the street today. We will always be a couple of big kids lol" How sweet is that?? That is the right attitude to have as they begin their new life together..smile...

Hope you had a blessed SONday!!

more as it happens here in the city..........

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a great post, Gert. You are starting to sound like your old spunky self! I am glad you had a good day and I love the quote from your granddaughter.

You can really see that cottontail on that bunny! xo Diana

Betty said...

Lovely to see those trees in full leaf and that lady tending her garden.
Ashley and Ben look like they are having a wonderful time, making memories to last for ever. So nice of them to keep in touch with you that way.
Good to have everything resolved for the Newsletter. I'm sure that lady will be pleased to see her article, as will everyone else now that you are feeling a little more like producing it. Well done Gert!

Nellie said...

That lady seems to have a lot of garden planted in a small space!

You are good about getting pictures of rabbits. They always scamper away from me before I am able to get a good picture.

Technology is amazing, isn't it? I'm glad you were able to work out the snafu in the newsletter.

I hope you will continue to feel improved, Gert. Take care, and keep cool!

xo Nellie

Susie said...

Gert, I enjoyed this post. Your g.daughter's so sweet. I know the corn lady is happy that rabbit is elsewhere. :):) Hoping you have a great 4th with lots of hugs. xoxo,Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails