Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Some Like it Hot...

Yesterday we tried this new dish, Tomato Basil Pasta! I saw it on Facebook and thought wow! I think we have everything in the pantry..yeah... (I love that, so we don't have to go to the store.) The only thing we had that was different from the ingredients list was diced tomatoes. We had some spicy ones, but none that were plain. So, we made it according to the recipe except for the chopped tomatoes, I had to use two cans of the spicy tomatoes. Also, we used our own fresh basil...big SMILE...don't you just love using your own fresh herbs??? Back to the "hot and spicy" pasta... When I tasted it...I think there was 'fire' coming out of my mouth...ha..ha... But I believe if it was made with one can of diced tomatoes and one can of spicy diced tomatoes it would be perfect!  I know we would make it again for sure!!

I think I've told you that the doctors said I don't have a blood clot in my leg (yeah!), however then they sent to my MS doctor, (who I was to see the following Monday) anyway, she thinks the swelling in my calf is from spasticity in that calf. So that means more stretching of the calf. We'll see how that goes..smile.. 

Today, Tom had to go down and pick up his hearing aid that was being repaired, while we were down there we stopped by our friends house (they were having a rummage) and guess who came running to us?? Her granddaughter Ariah, she is so sweet and just had her second birthday! Look at those curls.....

I took this picture when we were down town yesterday...pretty huh??

I hope you are having an amazing weekend....ours is much cooler and enjoyable for us! smile....

more as it happens here in the city................

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hi Gert- Oh-aren't you the brave one using those spicy tomatoes? I can't do real spicy food at all anymore-it just tears my stomach up. I lost most of my herbs this winter,too, and am just now getting around to replanting things.

I am sorry about your leg but it could be worse. I hope the stretching helps, Gert. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

That little girl is a doll. My youngest daughter had hair just like that when she was little. That's a good picture of Tom with her. xo Diana

Susie said...

Gert, I used a can of spicy diced tomatoes once...I will only use them now in chili that needs a kick. Your g.daughter is adorable.I wish you the best with your dr. visit. xoxo,Susie

Shug said...

Thankful that you do not have a blood clot in the calf. Hope the stretching will be a cure for that aching calf.
The pasta sounds great. I like a little heat...but a little is enough. Have a good Sunday afternoon.

Nellie said...

Your pasta dish sounds like a hit! That little girl is a doll!
Good news about no blood clot! Hopefully you will have some improvement with those calf stretches! xo Nellie

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm going to have to try this dish, it looks so good. But, I'll not use spicy tomatoes. :)

Glad to hear that you don't have a blood clot. Take care and do those stretches!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails