Remember my cousin Glendena and her husband who came to visit us last year?? Her and I spent many a summer together when we were teenagers at her home in Missouri! Her husband restored this John Deere tractor and they drive it in their hometown parade every year! As hot as it was this year, I'm sure they really appreciated the umbrella! smile.... Have any of you been in a parade?? I think it would be so fun!! I was suppose to be in our local one, when one of our ladies had a Red Hat convertible...but it was way to "hot" for this Red Hatter who has MS...sad....
Do you remember this beautiful flower that he made for me?? Glendena told him he needed Red Hat colors...red and purple! smile... Isn't it just the neatest lawn ornament you've ever seen??
Yesterday, it took us awhile to get up and get going, but finally around noon we headed out in our opressive heat. We went to Chilies for lunch as I had a free coupon for this dessert!! (Sorry I forgot to take a before picture....but it was amazing!!) I love Chilies...we usually get the Bottomless Soup and Salad, they also give you chips and dip. So....you never go away hungry...lol
Next we went to a store to get Rusty some new treats. We finally found some that are made in the USA instead of China, so we like to give him one of those every day. Then off to WalMart to get Tom some treats (lol) peppermint candies! However, when we came in the door...there were some Hostess Twinkies and Cup Cakes! My favorite are the cupcakes, so I got my 'treat' too...smile...
Then off to Sam's Club...to restock our supplies! Boy, I'm not sure how Tom got everything into the van...especially in the heat! And we have to remember, every time (expect for the restaurant) he had to get my scooter in and out of the van! Bless his heart! But for me it was so nice to get out and about, it's been a long time! smile...
Today was just kind of a laid back one...which was good since it was another 90 degree day!! Summer is definitely here! My prayers are with all those suffering from this heat throughout the country.....
more as it happens here in the city.................


7 comments:
My brother had an old tractor that he restored, he use to do the same thing (riding it in the parade).
Their picture is so cute, they should put it on their Christmas cards.
Thanks for sharing.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)
When getting around is a challenge, it sure is a treat to get out! I love the lawn ornaments!
Good Morning Gert, We use to have a radio announcer who with his wife would put tractor parades together for Camp Quality. We were never in them, but we watched them. Always enjoyed all of the old tractors of yesterday. My dad never had a new tractor, he always farmed with an old one when he finally got one. Remember the team of horses that was used. I love your yard ornament. Have a wonderful day and stay cool. Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend.
Dessert looks yummy, Gert! Keep cool!
xo Nellie
Gert, Glad you and Tom had a fun day out. Nice, like you said, from being in so much. Our parades around here always have tractors.Farm country, you know.:):) Your cousin's little flower lawn art is special.take care. xoxo,Susie
Sorry to read that the heat is so oppressive, but good to know you were able to get out for a bit and enjoy some treats.
What a nice bright garden feature your cousin's husband made for you. Great to have in your summer garden.
Take care and keep cool.
Hugs, Betty
My dad always farmed with John Deere tractors. He wouldn't have any other kind. I remember the umbrella!
I was just thinking today, as I was in the Big Town (as I call it) and it was so very hot, about the olden days before a/c and wondering how folks ever survived!
I'm glad you were out and about and enjoyed your day with a yummy meal. And the flower yard ornament is neat!
Post a Comment