Look what I spotted yesterday when we pulled up to the Elk's for Tom's family reunion! Aren't they absolutely beautiful?? I've not seen a lot of blue flowers, but I love these along with the yellow ones! smile.. You know me and 'yellow' flowers or anything else that is 'yellow'....lol
On that note, I must share God's blessings and works in our life with you. We got to the reunion a little after noon, and the parking lot was full!!! We couldn't believe it...wow! what a turn out. Tom said he'd pull up to the door and get Karen and I out, then try to find somewhere to park. When he pulled up....there was a 'handi cap' spot right by the front door. "Praise God!"
THEN today, we were talking about a tree limb that had fallen in our yard, after the wind storm we had last week. It needed to be cut up to put out for the garbage men or taken to the dump. He couldn't find his chain saw, (which was okay with me, since he's on coumidan...and I'm always afraid he might cut himself--that is dangerous in my option!) He walked down to get pickup and saw the neighbor out there, while visiting, Tom found out he was going to the dump and said "whatever we had, just throw it in." Yeah!! One less thing to worry about. "Praise God"!!
Here are a couple pictures from yesterday. I had my back to everyone, so didn't get many photos. This is Tom's sister Karen and his second cousin Vivian, who came with her two daughters from out of town.
This is Wilfred and his wife, who is also Tom's cousin. They came in from Austin, TX. He's had lots of problems with complications from his back surgery, so we're afraid this will be their last year of attending. sad... But bless their hearts for making this last trip.
This is what we took to the reunion potluck "Corn Casserole". I posted the entire recipe here. A lady I worked with years ago gave me this recipe when I told her we were attending a monthly potluck. She said her mother always made this when she'd attend her church potlucks. I love the fact that it's so easy and almost always have these items in your pantry! (I use the crockpot...but can also make it in the oven.!)
I just had to end this post with this lovely picture! I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend and are looking forward to a nice week! Ours is going to continue to be 'hot'. We need rain, so that is on my prayer list..how is your weather? Let me know, I will pray for you also. Happy SONday!!





6 comments:
Reunions are always enjoyable because of getting to see family. Ours will be the first Sunday of August and it is always fun to see how many of the ten brothers and sisters, plus extended family will be there. The last time all of the brothers and sisters were together was my parents 50th wedding anniversary. It is hot hear and we could sure use some rain. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend
Sounds like a wonderful get-together Gert.
Great to get that car park spot.
Love the blue and yellow flowers.
Try to keep cool. It's cold here, but a nice sunny day today.
It is so awesome how God takes care of us. Even the small things that are a big challenge to us..... God is always there to Bless us. Happy you all had a wonderful time....and oh what beautiful flowers! Another sweet blessing that God placed before you.
Hugs
It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the reunion. Those flowers in the picture are really pretty!
Our weather has been really rainy this entire year. We only need two more inches to put us above the average rainfall for the YEAR! We have sun this morning, with no mention of rain today, but we had 1/2 inch of rain yesterday afternoon.
Have a good Monday!
xo Nellie
Gert, those flowers are so beautiful. I love blue and yellow together. It was great that so many of your family members could make the reunion. Bless those that may not be able to come again. Every year, I have that fear about my big brother. He's started showing his weariness this year. Breaks my heart, he was always so strong and healthy, being military. Hope you and Tom have a wonderful week, hoping for a bit of rain. Stay safe and cool. xoxo,Susie
Post a Comment