Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fall is in the Air...

 
The other day we went shopping and when we came out of the store...this is what we saw!! Pumpkins everywhere!!! smile... (Actually they were off loading them when we went into the store...)

 
Instead..of getting the pumpkin, back there we stopped at a little stand near by, for a watermelon and I spotted these. I said to Tom, I want that ugly pumpkin...(and a white one!)

 
Yep, our "ugly pumpkin" welcomes all who enter our home! smile.. As does our 'white' pumpkin!!! ha..ha.. (sorry I didn't get a picture of the white one...)

 
As you can see the trees are turning and the wind is really blowing!!! The temperatures were dropping today, but are to warm back up tomorrow! Normal fall...temps up and down!! smile... 

 
Having that in mind, yesterday we made cookies and chili! yummm..  This is such a great way to bake cookies, we bought some frozen cookie dough that was already made into cookies and plop them on the cookie sheet, and bake 'em! They were so good! We only bought one dozen just to see what they tasted like, I will certainly buy more. Yummmm
 
And the chili...well that was a different story--we knew what that tasted like and we weren't disappointed! It was so..so good, especially on a cool, windy day. smile..
 
Are you decorating and enjoying some fall cooking and baking??
 
more as it happens here in the city...............

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL- My son picked up one of those ugly pumpkins today and I said, Put it back- I want a pretty one! lol I guess I am just saving them for you!

Your chili and cookies sound good. I made chili yesterday, too. Here in this area they always drop spaghetti noodles in the bottom of the bowl and then put the chili on top of the noodles. I had never seen this done before we moved here.

Have a wonderful Sonday- xo Diana

Susie said...

Gert, My SIL gave me a green bumpy pumpkin, last year. He said he forgot to plant them this year. I didn't pumpkins came in so many varieties. I like the white ones also. Hope you are having a great day. I am kind of resting my feet from yesterday's walking around the festival. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

SImple and Serene Living said...

Just started doing a little decorating today. The weather is lovely here in Kentucky. Temps in the 70s are perfect. Love your ugly pumpkin. xo Laura

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Love the ugly pumpkin!! Chili and cookies... does that ever sound good. Have a great week, Gert.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails