Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Crazy few Days...

 
This was the horrible tornado that went through our area last night. I was so worried about my granddaughter and her family. I was on the phone texting her along with my son. Turned out she was working at the hospital and was okay. Lorelai and her dad, were at his family. He got a call that he had to return home and go to work, as he's a lineman and there were plenty of electric lines down. He left little Lorelai with her grandparents. Then my concern was their home as it was close to where there was lots of damage. I found out this morning that it too was okay. Prayers really do work. If you need prayers, please let me know and we will all prayer for you and your needs.

 
Now, on a lighter note!! I finally was able to go to my first Red Hat luncheon this year. It was so nice to see everyone! I have missed them so much!! I walked into the room and everyone started to clap..and several jumped up and gave my lots of big ((hugs))! What a blessing these girlfriends are!
 
It was our Halloween celebration, so many were all dressed up in many different costumes! All I had was a spider web pin (can you see it??) smile.. Our Queen gave it to me many years ago, since I was the 'web mistress' as I had made a web page for our chapter!

 
Here is the rest of our porch setting, which includes my Mothers Day flower! It did really good this year, as you can see.

 
Our yard is so full of leaves...and they keep coming down. Tom's mower broke and we finally got it back yesterday. So, he will soon be 'vacuuming' them up...lol
 

 
Tonight we went to the monthly fish fry and got to visit with all our friends! My cousin, top right picture came so we could see each other and visit. smile... It was so good to see her. Oh, and by the way the fish was amazing!! smile...
 
Hope you had a good week...
 
more as it happens here in the city..............

6 comments:

Shirley said...

I thought about you and my other Iowa and Nebraska friends including my niece and husband who live across the river from Omaha. It was a night where we didn't really sleep very good that is for sure. Prayers are coming your way and going to Louisiana that my son will be safe while they wait for Tropical Karen to come to shore. It was only raining there. You look good in your red hat. Take care Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend.

Betty said...

So nice to see you in that red hat again:) Seems like you received a great welcome back.
How frightening to be so close to a tornado! I can imagine your concern for the family.
Your white geraniums look very pretty along with the porch decorations.
Hope you have a happy week and that tornadoes stay clear of your area.

Susie said...

Gert, That tornado was scary. So thankful your family is safe. Good that you could visit with your red-hat sisters. Then to have a nice fun time with your cousin. You look very good in your luncheon outfit and pin. xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...

So glad everyone is safe and sound..yes, prayer changes things...Love love the spider pin and your red hat is the bomb...
I decorated a bit this morning and put our fall things out..its getting cooler here in California too...
Hugs

TexWisGirl said...

so glad your loved ones were safe. and really nice to see your smile - i know your red hat ladies must have been glad to see it, too! :)

bj said...

Oh, I've lived my whole life in an area that, at one time, was hit by tornadoes, or threats very very often.
Over the years, tho they still threaten us, we've not been hit since 1970. Plenty of scares, tho.
As a little girl, we always had a DIRT cellar...my mama would put a bed down there and many nights, we'd have to go to the cellar and we'd end up just spending the night down there. I am still so afraid of them....
Sure glad all your family was ok...
You look so cute in your red hat and I love that web pen...
xo bj

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails