Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Baby it's Cold Outside...

 
Look at our sweet little squirrel...poor baby, see how cold he is, he has his tail swiped up over his back!  

 
The other day we dropped some gifts off to MY Red Hat Secret Sister. I was only able to get to one Red Hat luncheon this year.. We always tell each other who the secret sister is in December. I called and told her, then we dropped her gifts off. (Thank goodness for Tom!!-he's my legs!)
 
 
Here is my friend and Tom decorating our house last week! It is so pretty of a night... I will get a few more pictures of things she found, that I had almost forgot we had..ha! Do you ever do that?? Have some items buried in boxes and maybe (like me) can't get to them. Our tree is put away fully decorated...so that is easy to get out. However, we have boxes of items way up on a couple of shelves! And  Sherry being much younger than us..climbed up and brought the boxes down so I could go through them and pick out what I wanted.

 
Now look...my Secret Sister stopped by yesterday and brought me my gifts from last year ha..ha.. She wasn't able to come to the luncheons either and felt bad...but when I saw all the gifts I told her, "gosh it looks like Christmas...Oh ya it is Christmas" and we both laughed!  Look at that doll isn't she just adorable? Oh..I was just so excited...getting all those gifts at one time!! She is just a wonderful lady!!!
 
We had a busy day...it was warmer 28 degrees..versus single digit temperatures that we have been having. We finished the newsletters and mailed them. Yeah!! Then we had to go to the store. We are ready for bed... Hope you're having a good week!
 
Blessings...
 
more as it happens here in the city............ 

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I hope my comment just went through -it looked like I lost it- Happy night to you- xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

Well, I can see my first comment DID get lost. I said that I was sorry that you had to miss so many luncheons last year. What lovely gifts you got, Gert!

I hope this upcoming year is a better one for you and that your mobility improves. Thank God for Tom is right- xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

Gert-I am really sorry that you were only able to get to one luncheon last year. I wish you had better mobility. I know it is hard on you.

It DOES look like Christmas around your house and yes, I do forget what I have packed away sometimes! xo Diana

Boopnut said...

Gert, sorry you are not up and running, but looks like you are surrounded by love. Glad you enjoyed your gifts from your RH friend!
Deb

TexWisGirl said...

i hope you can attend more luncheons in 2014. sounds like a sweet bunch of folks. :)

Nellie said...

Yes, it really does look like Christmas at your house! We still need to do the tree!

Stay warm, Gert!

xo Nellie

Susie said...

Gert, Tell Diana to quit hogging all the comment space LOL Love that lady. It's fun to get gifts from our friends. Your Tom is a true blessing isn't he? Hope you are staying warm...we are suppose to get colder..oh brr to that. xoxoxo, Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails