Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Potluck..

 
Look at how cold it was this morning...smile...with the sun rising in the eastern skies. Last night, was so cold, with the wind chills making it feel unbelievable cold! We had our South Bottoms Christmas potluck. Tom said he would get my scooter out, so I didn't have to walk, I told him, he had to wear his gloves and ear muffs if he did that. I think he only wore his gloves... (he doesn't always listen to me..lol)  It was so much fun, and there was such amazing food! One of the ladies, who was born and raised down there had her 89th birthday yesterday!! Her sons came with her, she made one of the turkeys we had...along with the best gravy you ever ate. How amazing...God is so good, he has blessed her with a loving family, friends and good health!
 
Hope you're ready for a nice weekend!
 
Blessings...
 
more as it happens here in the city....................

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am so glad you were able to go and enjoy the potluck, Gert. How wonderful that woman made the turkey and had her family there to enjoy the night with her.
Blessings to you- ox Diana

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Though cold- it sounds like you had a wonderful day. Blessings!

TexWisGirl said...

so glad you were able to go - even with that bitter cold!

Susie said...

Love the sunrise photo Gert. You do way better than you let on. :):) What a nice day you had with your Tom and friends. I love hearing about older people that have good health. I sure am trying my best to stay healthy. Blessings for a wonderful weekend. We are to get snow tonight, no escaping it this time. xoxo,Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails