Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Winter-Winter-Winter!

 
Winter..winter..winter, yes, it's back. We were to go to a doctors appointment this morning, but it was too windy. Yes, we had cold temps, with gusts of wind at a rate of around 53 mph today! It was overcast all day, so it was gloomy....and depressing, if you know what I mean. 
 
However...just as the day was ending...I saw the sun shining onto our trees in the backyard...one of a sites I get to see everyday out our window. Makes me smile when this happens.
 
 
About this time Rusty needed out...so as I looked west, I saw the sun setting amongst the clouds....  Our night has gotten colder and the winds 'did not' go down with the sun (like it does sometimes...)
 
 
Early this morning, I got a text from my daughter that said and I quote! "Took a water taxi to lunch!" I said..."you're killing me..." lol   Here we are, cold, windy and having a few flurries in the air!
She's in Orlando, with her husband who is there on company business! I'm sure it's a beautiful city! I must remind her to send me some postcards.... As my cousin knows, I love postcards, she sent me one recently from Charleston, SC...beautiful place to visit!...(These help me feel like I'm traveling all over the world. smile...)
 
Welcome to my new followers, we all love to read your comments and go over and see your beautiful blogs. Glad you're here!
 
Blessings,
Gert

more as it happens here in the city............

5 comments:

Boopnut said...

Oh, I am cold with you, Gert! So tired of winter!
Deb

Nellie said...

This winter is really giving us a wallop, isn't it? We were to have a chance of some slight snowfall by morning, but it hasn't happened at this point. Sorry about your having to postpone the doctor's visit. Stay safe and warm! Hugs, Nellie

TexWisGirl said...

those skies are so beautiful!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

We had wind, too, here just below you in MO yesterday and it's a very cold morning. Those few days we did have of warmer temps were more to my liking. Love your photo of the sun hitting the trees. Take care!

Lizzy D said...

Beautiful sky in the photos!

thank you for viting and commenting on my blog! Always so fun, isn t it?

lizzy at gone to the beach

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails