The other day I made "3 Bean Soup" it was so good especially on a cold winter day! There is a story behind this recipe (look at the recipe through this link here). One New Years we were having oyster stew for the family, but Tom's sister doesn't like it. I felt so bad that morning, wanting to fix her something to eat too. So I made this recipe for her so. It was so good everyone also had a bowl of it too...smile..
I noticed Rusty the other morning, taking his nap with his toy, protectively tucked under his front paw.
Pretty soon he laid on his side almost letting his toy go.
Finally, he rolled over on his back and totally forgot all about his toy...smile...
We had another pretty visitor at the feeders. It has been very cold. We were so use to those lovely warm days. Tomorrow I will tell you about our adventure once again with Tom's heart monitor! (pray that his results will be good.)
Hope you're having warmer weather than we are.. smile..






6 comments:
Gert, your soup looks yummy! Rusty looked so comfortable! It has been in the 20's here...brrrr, colder at night!
Hugs,
Deb
Your soup looks good, Gert. I like soup this time of year. How cute Rusty is with that toy. I bet if you had tried to pick it up he would have immediately woke up and claimed it.
The birds are great and we are hoping ours are settled in for the winter here now. xo Diana
i'd like bean soup, too, (and not oyster stew). :) cute rusty. and lovely yellow-shafted northern flicker!
I always enjoy seeing your bird visitors, Gert! You capture great images! The soup looks good. We've been eating alot of soup lately; potato soup, chicken noodle, hamburger soup, taco soup, and chili - all homemade. It's good weather for soup! :)
Praying for Tom today.
Hugs,Beth
Soup! The perfect choice for a day like today! It is very cold here this morning! Rusty is a cutie! Take care, and stay warm! xo Nellie
The soup looks yummy.
Rusty is adorable. Is his toy in the shape of a cat?
What a pretty bird.
Hope those tests went well for Tom.
Post a Comment