Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Winter is Back


 
Yesterday, Tom spotted our local Northern Flicker at the feeder. Aren't they gorgeous?? God creates such beautiful creatures!
 
 
We went over the river yesterday when we went to a doctors appointment. Looks pretty darn cold doesn't it? Well, it was!!! We did get a little snow, but not to much. (thank goodness.)
 
 
Today, our weather really improved. It was almost 50 degrees, compared to the 20 for a high yesterday!! Again, we went to the doctor today, ate at Culver's (do you have one near you?) and got Tom's hair cut! So, it was busy and my hip is a little sore again tonight. I think when I'm out and about and walk around, it causes my syaticia nerve to act up. sad...
 
When we got home ...we saw this little squirrel scurrying across the driveway and up the tree..smile.. He sat up there, like 'what are you looking at'? lol
 
What are your plans for Valentine's Day?? Ours will be staying inside our warm house!! smile..
 
 photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

6 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Gert, I enjoyed seeing your bird and squirrel pictures. You have a knack for capturing them. It was in the 30s here yesterday but is to be much colder today. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for spring! 4-6 more weeks should about do it... :)
Happy Valentine's Day!

TexWisGirl said...

it does look cold! love your flicker and your fox squirrel! stay warm!

NanaDiana said...

I would certainly take the 50 degrees. We were 11 below this morning and the wind is horrible.

Sorry you have a sore hip. xo Diana

Susie said...

Gert, You know that river is cold ...brrr. The weather is crazy isn't it? Hope you and Tom had a good day today. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Ida said...

The river does look a bit cold. The squirrel was cute and the woodpecker is wonderful. Sounds like you had a decent day. I hope you had a great Valentine's Day.

bj said...

What a beautiful bird...
Mr. Sweet took us to dinner last night and every restaurant in town was LOADED with people...of course, everyone wanted to take their love out for a good dinner. We finally found a steak house that was no longer the HOT SPOT for young people and IT was also pretty full. After a wait of about 30 minutes, tho, we got in and had a delicious dinner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails