Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Finally Rain

  
 
 
We loved getting this rain today. Last I checked, we got .80 of rain! Yeah!! 

 
Nice to get rain, but it was 'cold' out there. We haven't had any rain since last fall.
 
 
Look at this Northern Flicker eating a little suet. Good thing there was some there because....
 
 
This little guy opened the cage on the suet, it dropped down and he carried it across the deck, so he could have it all to himself...

 
We looked out the window the other night and I said to Tom, did you see that hawk floating across the sky?? He said no. Later he said look at all of them! The most are in the first picture, I count 7 of them. This is very unusual. This happened a couple nights. Not sure what they were doing, or what they were after.
 
How has your day been? We stayed in due to the weather and we really didn't have to go anywhere. (Good call for us!) 

  photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i do know hawks migrate. perhaps they were heading north of you!

Beth said...

Hi Gert, Glad for your rain. We got some too - kind of drizzly all day long on Tuesday. I am looking forward to my garden soil drying up so I can get out there and work in the garden. I have some snowdrops blooming; that is all for now but there are lots of tulips and daffodils up. I love spring! We see hawks in our area frequently - not so much at our house but when we are out driving on the highways. We have seen and heard owls a couple of evenings this week. They were in our neighbor's large tree but only saw them in the evening. Made me wonder where they go during the day.

Susie said...

I love the northern flicker pics. Gert, you are good at catching birds. The flock of birds...looks like buzzards catching a thermal draft. You squirrel are tricky. LOL. We are having a wet , windy , gray day here. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Terra said...

Flickers are handsome birds. We celebrate each bit of rain we get, water is so precious.

bj said...

Hi, Gert...so glad you got precious rain...we were supposed to get some tonight but haven't so far.
I had lunch today with my good friend since elementary school today and we both have the same color hair you and your best friend have. LOL

Annesphamily said...

The moisture is so good for our ground isn't it? Stay warm and enjoy your weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails