Here we are, my best friend and me. We've known each other since grade school. And have some great memories to share, along with the new memories we are making today. (She is and always has been such a beautiful lady.) We went to lunch and "almost" solved all the worlds problems...lol You know, like only women can do. smile...
Our weather started off overcast and cool today. But by the time we came home it was sunny and a little bit warmer. However, I saw on the news tonight, that across the state they had heavy snowfall. Say what??? It's spring (isn't it?? lol) Well, at least it seems to be here. We really need rain and are suppose to get some tonight. Sure hope so. How about you? What is your weather like...are you seeing more signs of spring at your house?? My favorite part of the day is when we wake in the morning, open the door to let Rusty out and hear the wren's singing their songs. I had almost forgot how beautiful and joyful that sound can be. Then I have my coffee and read the Family Circus cartoon in the paper and I have my morning laugh...which I just have to share with my hubby! Now that is how you start a day...birds singing, coffee, and a good laugh. How do you start your day??

6 comments:
You two are just beautiful, Gert. So glad you have kept touch over the years...and that you still solve world problems.
We have a winter storm warning for tonight. It is supposed to be nasty...ugh. xo Diana
How lovely for you to catch up with your best friend and one who has known you for so long:) You both look very happy.
It's getting cooler here now with showers throughout the day today. Like you, we could really do with good rain.
Here's to good friends!
Betty ox
What a great picture! I start my day with blogs. (see me?) We are supposed to get a rain/snow mix tomorrow. Doesn't Mother Nature know it is Spring? I have a tulip plant on my table, but I think I killed it.
Deb
sounds like a perfect day-opener. love the photo of you two ladies. :)
Gert, Ted and I have grown into a routine also. We get the paper, make a copy of the puzzle, so we both can do it. Have our cereal and coffee every morning. This morning as I was getting the paper from the mailbox/paperholder a cardinal started singing. I love to hear them. It was still almost dark and he was singing. There's been more robins around this past week. Blessings, xoxo,Susie
A beautiful way to start your day.....
Morning times are the best for me...I love waking up early and listening to all the birds as they seem to be singing love songs...
a lovely photo of you and your friend. isn't it wonderful to have a best friend.
Post a Comment