Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Chicken! Chicken!

Each year when we go to the cemetery, we stop into this bar that is famous for their broasted chicken. (Note the chicken..already for Memorial Day...smile..) They also have gambling machines. I love to drop a little in them. My SIL egged me on with, "you are so lucky you should try your luck." So, I had 3 one dollar bills and put them in. Won...Lost...Won..Lost...Won! (then I heard, chickens here...) okay time to cash out! I won $3.75! That meant, I won, .75 cents...lol

Tom's Aunt Pearl, her husband and brother were good friends with the original owner. He had several senior photos hanging in there from this town. We found this one, which contains Pearls photo!

A little closer photo!

When we were leaving, I spotted this sign...I thought sometime I'd love to drive those 6 miles and see this church....It must be a little country church. (This gets on my to do list!!)

Another shot...that poor old yellow building, I understand, is full of old antiques. That too would be fun to check out...lol (If it truly is full of antiques..)

Just a parting shot, as we left to head to the cemetery....
 
Today was another 'busy' one...  Plus my son stopped by and I talked to my daughter for an hour and a half. smile... So, it was a good day!!! How about you? What kind of a day did you have??
 photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

2 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I would be wanting to peek inside the antiques building! Your luck on the machines sounds like mine..except I usually am not smart enough to walk away until my 3 dollars is gone!

TexWisGirl said...

love that patriotic rooster! glad you at least came out ahead on your gambling. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails