It was that time again...Tom needed a hair cut! So we headed off to go to his barbers. I was able to sit out in the van and read a book I had brought along! smile.. It worked out great as there was only one ahead of him..but it started filling up afterwards! Then we thought we'd make a trip to the Farmers Markets! Tom found a spot in the Handicap parking lot. (It's not very big, so there was only two spots left.) Due to this shortage of parking spaces, one car had parked in between the rows of cars, which blocked several cars in, and they couldn't leave! (I had noticed a police car pull in.) Well, as we went down the center aisle of all the vendors, I saw a policeman walking with this little old lady, as we passed by I heard him say, "We just need to find you a better parking spot." He was being so kind to her. (Bless his heart!) She must have been the one who blocked all those cars in and they must have called the police.
Here is our friend Laurie, (she filled all our pots with plants out on the porch). We just had to stop and say "Hi" and get a bouquet of fresh cut flowers from her. (I will share a pic tomorrow, they are gorgeous!) It was so funny, Tom was carrying them and people would remark, "boy, you've got a keeper!", or they'd look at him and say "good job!"...of course I'd have to agree with them! smile...
We also stopped over to see Audrey and her family. Her son (in the background) raises tomatoes and other vegetables. We picked up some of his cherry tomatoes and of course a jar of his Mom's jelly (Rhubarb and strawberry! Yumm)
Lot at those clouds...pretty and unique huh?
We had quite a surprise yesterday. My daughter in love called and said they would like to come over. (With all four great grandbabies!) I was so excited. (We were actually out and about.) After we had a bite to eat, we headed home and here come the twins along with their Meme! The other two Greats weren't able to come as baby Maggie had an upset tummy and had to go home. But these little girls were such a delightful treat. They have grown so much and are so adorable!!
We're having lightening and are in a Thunderstorm Warning...so am signing off.
Bye for now...




4 comments:
Sounds like you are enjoying your days! Those twins sure have grown!
Deb
They are adorable...I know how much you enjoyed seeing and playing with them...our grandtwins are 17.....3 great-grands are 6, 2, and 1....
I wanted to tell you, too, that I sure could relate to your frustration with your contractor. We are in the process of building a storage and shop and have had contractors that say they will be there tomorrow and never show...hire another, work 2 days and then, no show....they are driving us CRAZY. The roofers told us they would be here at 8 sharp this morning...it's now 10 and NO SHOW...grrrrrrr
cute babies. :) and glad the police officer was understanding and kind to that bad parker. :)
Gert, It is nice to see our sweet grandkids isn't it? Those two are growing. I know you enjoyed their visit. Blessings, xoxo,Susie
Post a Comment