Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Neighborly Squirrels

 
I came home one day from the nursing home, only to find one of our friendly squirrels munching away on the neighbors pumpkins...
 
First, he was posing for me as I drove into the driveway....then I heard a sound..

And he did too...it was my son pulling up.

So he jumped down on the ground and hid behind the hay bales...lol
 
I guess he figured he'd eat a few seeds while he waited for the stranger to leave....smile..
 
I did this post some time ago, thinking I'd use it one night when I was too tired to write something. Well, as it seems I'm always too tired, even to post. (forgive me). Life continues to be hectic, I go to see Tom everyday and that pretty much takes care of my day. I'm not fast anymore, so mornings zip by as I have my coffee, eat a bite, take my many-many pills...get dressed and head off for the day. When I get home, and take care of Rusty..watch (sometimes) the news...I'm ready for a Hallmark (feel good) movie. Then it's time for bed. smile... [Have you ever seen the movie Groundhog Day?? Well, it sounds like me..lol]
 
I will write more of this story, (I wanted to say sad story) but as long as we  still have life and love, it can't be called a 'sad' story.
 
Blessings to your day...
 
 photo smallsignature_zps27543ec9.png

8 comments:

Susie said...

Gert, I know you must be so tired somedays. Just being in a hospital or nursing home is tiring. Talk about slow girl...this morning I am dragging. Must not have slept well...even my shoulders feel sore. I miss you and Tom...I know you do too. We have to cling to our hope...for our God is good. I am sending big hugs for you and Tom. May God bless you both with health and happiness. Love you, Susie

Shirley said...

Good Morning Gert, I was glad to see a post from you this morning. I had been wondering how things were going to for you. I can relate to what you are going through. I haven't been able to go to the nursing home to see hubby because of being in an accident the day before Thanksgiving. They totaled my car so I have to find a new one. I have been looking. My family is my chauffeur including my 16 year old grandson. I know that Tom enjoys every one of your visits. I am sending you long distance many hugs and prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley

Helen said...

Hello :) I like these photos of the squirrels and I very much liked your photo on the Instagram when your dog visited Tom. I did not know dogs were allowed to be there - I guess both Tom and Rusty was happy about it. I understand your days are hectic now, remember to rest and take care of yourself as well. I wish all the best for you and your Tom.

TexWisGirl said...

keep going, gert. keep the faith. and love. and keep smiling. :)

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I'm thinking about you Gert! I know you must be tired, but you keep on keeping on. Sleep well. ♥

Ida said...

Squirrels often provide much needed comic relief. Glad you were able to enjoy this fellows antics. - Thinking of you and praying for you this holiday season.

Boopnut said...

Keep up your good attitude and your hope. Hugs!
Deb

bj said...

Gert...I so admire your strength, good attitude and your faith.
You are my hero.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails