Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

As Close to Perfect as Possible

Yesterday certainly was 'perfect'!! Our temps were amazing, 73 degrees.  And can you believe it's February in Iowa?? Yes, those temperatures were a record setting high!! My son and DIL stopped over and checked on the van, which was fine. (Yeah!) My granddaughter and her girls were here all day. What a fun day we had!!

Holding, loving, and just seeing what wonderful children they are!!
 
Lorelai helped Aunt Karen make brownies!! (I wish I'd have gotten pictures of her in the kitchen) She broke the eggs, (which I'm still surprised at), then she whisked the mixture up!! She noticed Karen's yellow gloves she wears when she does dishes and told her she'd like to help with the dishes. What a little Miss Susie homemaker!!! 
 
Rusty even got into the mix!! (He did get a little jealous when they were up on my lap though!) It was funny to watch.
 
It was even nice enough to do a photo shoot outside..smile... It was just a wonderful, fun filled day!! Loved ones, babies, one on one time, playing games with those you love.
 
Blessings..

5 comments:

Linda said...

I can feel your happiness through every word!! Great photos of happy people making lovely memories!

TexWisGirl said...

hooray for a nice warm day and sweet family to share it with. :)

NanaDiana said...

Hi Gert, Just trying to get a few 'catch up' visits in! I am so glad that the kids were there to brighten up your day. I know you have some lonely times-times when it seems life has dropped you into a strange new land. I keep you in my prayers. Hope you have a great Leap Year Day! xo Diana

Helen said...

That day looks wonderful.

Susie said...

Gert, I love that children want to help do things. What sweet babies. It does our hearts good to hold them and sniff in their adorable little scents. I always liked smelling my children and grand kids hair, while they were small. Blessings, xoxo,love, Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails