Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Some Like it "Hot"--Not Me!!

This morning when I let Rusty out, I already felt the heat of the day. The air was heavy and I knew we were in for a HOT one...ugggg Can you believe, 89 degrees at 8:30!
 

The poor birds were suffering in this heat also.. It looks like they pant also.

I knew something more was coming... yesterday when I was at the hospital, this was my view out the window. Do you see the haze over the city?? It was a scorcher yesterday too. (That is a local college in the background.)
 
We actually ended up with a high of 95, but the heat index was 100!!
 
At first, I had planned on running up to the hospital around 10:00, then coming home around noon. But when I checked, I found out their valet on Saturday is only at the ER. It starts at noon. (darn) I really didn't want to wait till noon, knowing the heat would be close to its peak!! (I have to have the valet to open my back door, so I can get my scooter out.) As it turned out, Karen had one of the nurses call me and let me know, that I shouldn't come up today. They have moved her to a regular room now. But are still hoping they won't have to do surgery. I appreciate all your prayers...and good thoughts for her healing.
 
Hope your day was cool and that you were able to get out and enjoy it!!
 
Blessings..


5 comments:

Susie said...

Gert, I missed your last post about your sister in law. I am praying for her. I loved your pictures. Especially the little girls in the puddles. LOL. So darn sweet. Please take care of yourself . I am glad to take caution when the temps are so high. I had my daughter bring a small cooler with ice and water yesterday when we went to the zoo.I need to go water and put some fresh in the birdbaths. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

TexWisGirl said...

that heat is here in texas, but i know it is not normal for you - in june, especially. be safe.continued prayers for karen...

bj said...

Yes, our days here in Texas are getting hotter and hotter...I don't do as well in hot weather as I did when I was younger...hmmm...actually, I don't do ANYthing as well...hahha

Stay in and drink lots of water....

bj said...

oops...meant to add that I hope your SIL doesn't have to have surgery but if she does, hoping she recovers fast.

Boopnut said...

Hugs to you Gert! Prayers for your SIL. She must have had her surgery by now. Hope all went well. We had one really hot day and I stayed indoors. I guess I don't like the heat much either.
Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails