Goodness we have been having some terrible weather. This week our highs have been in the upper 90's, with heat indexes way over 100. The highest was 112 degrees, that was Wednesday. Today, Rusty finally went to the groomers. His hair was getting so long, and with this heat, I felt so bad. (And thought what a bad Mom I was...lol ) He looks so much better... This was him when we got home... he was tired so from a day at the spa!!! (As was I, even though I didn't make it to a spa..lol) The heat really is not my friend.. smile...
The other days, I've been staying in and looking out the window. The air has been running almost non-stop. The poor squirrel looked like Rusty in that last photo. ha! ha! He must be tired too.. We haven't had too many squirrels around this year. sad.. We've had some black birds (that wouldn't leave) that have chased the squirrels out of the yard... Lately we've just been putting out Safflower seed, and those birds have not been visiting...yeah!!
When I let Rusty out, every day...this Robin is running around the yard. Not sure, but I'm thinking it must have a nest somewhere close!!! smile... I keep trying to see where it goes. But normally, it just flies away!!!!
We also have Cardinals again. They love these Safflower seeds.
My son, Randy is still trying to heal. I'd love to share a photo, but they are something you'd never want to see. He needs so many prayers... The healing process will take a long time. As a mother, I wish I could take this time in his life away from him. He has an amazing family support, with such a loving and caring wife. His children, who worry and care for him. And grandbabies who don't understand why Papa can't pick them up and give them a big ((hug)). I would so appreciate it if you would continue to pray for him and his family..or just send good thoughts his way.
Also, prayers for our country as well as the world would be wonderful. We seem to be living in such changing and trying times..
My thoughts and prayers are will all of you out there in blog land...
more as it happens...



5 comments:
It was nice to catch up with you for a few minutes tonight. I noticed you had just posted 11 seconds before I saw it!
I have missed out on what happened with your son but I will read earlier posts and join in prayer with the others.
We have had a challenging two weeks. Last week Kailey (one of the quadruplets) had open heart surgery and it has taken a village and then some to take care of everyone. All is going well. We are just everyone of us exhausted - Kailey most of all. Amber asked me not to post on social media so not everyone knows.
I forget what part of the country you live in but it sounds like Oklahoma or Texas!
Off to read your 'older' posts!!!
I was happy to see you had posted again. I know how hot you must feel it is. I have 100 yesterday and we are forecast for 102 today. I live in southeast Kansas and we never know for sure what we are going to get. You know what they say about Kansas...if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute. :)
Gert, I am sending prayers for your son, I know you would take his pain if you could. Mom's are like that. I hope we get some decent weather soon...this is unbearable heat. I did sit out for about 40 minutes yesterday and listen to some robins and a male cardinal. I would whistle back to the cardinal. :) Take care stay cool . Blessings to you and your loved ones, including Rusty. xoxo,love, Susie
bless your son...
sweet little rusty and the tired, hot squirrel, too. be safe as you can.
This heat is getting the better of us...when it goes on for so long with few breaks, it really can tire a person out. I think it is to cool down to the low to mid 80s by Wednesday. I'm looking forward to that!
It's been tough to keep the garden weeded as I can't devote 2+ hours per day when it's hot like this. Nonetheless, the garden is growing well. I guess the flowers, cukes, zucchini, tomatoes and green beans like the heat and humidity and the rain we've been having!
I enjoyed seeing the cardinal and robin. I like the birds too.
My prayers for Randy. I've heard burns are one of the most painful things one can experience.
Hugs, Beth
Post a Comment