My morning started with Brenda enjoying a cup of coffee with me. I was really savoring this moment. We were blessed to be able to do this for five mornings. Drinking our coffee, discussing the news that had happened over night, and planning our day. But today was bittersweet as I knew by evening I would really be missing her. She was heading back home to her family. I know her husband and children were really missing her and glad to have her back with them.
My son, Randy and his wife Vicky, came over. Vicky took Brenda to the airport, while Randy stayed with me. It was nice to have him here. He watched TV for awhile, then slept for a bit. My heart just breaks knowing what he is going through. But he is so-so blessed to have such an amazing wife. Vicky is his rock right now.
We had gone all week with out taking pictures of us together!! So we did a little 'selfie' last night..smile... We did a few things this week. Wednesday we stopped at the Farmers Market. It was the first time this year that I have been able to go! We saw some friends (vendors) that Tom and I have grown to know over the last several years. It's always good to see and visit with them. I bought some 'grass fed hamburger', it always tastes so much better than store bought!!
Last Sunday, I had a visitor...little Miss Maggie Sue.. She hasn't changed too much, just gotten a little bigger. But look at that unchanging sweet smile.. smile She is adorable...
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and for all your good thoughts and prayers.
Blessings and good night!!




4 comments:
Dear Gert,
How difficult it is to part with someone as close as your daughter, 'though you will see her again before too long, I hope. It would have been great to have her close by for those coffee times and to go out together. Your market friends would have been pleased to see you.
Glad to know that Randy is out of hospital and that he will begin healing at home, with the help of his wonderful wife.
Sweet photos of all of you.
Take care, Gert.
Betty ox
adorable little child. :) so glad you had the time with your daughter (and son, too.)
Gert, I know you are hurting for your son. Moms would rather take the pain of any suffering their children are going thru. I am so thankful your son's wife is strong. I pray your son doesn't go thru depression on top of all he is enduring. Some times a person will start to feel badly about not working...or even being able to at the time. I hope Randy's friends remember to come by and cheer him. You are all in my prayers. Bless you, xoxo, Susie
Bless his heart, it looks uncomfortable and painful. Hope he heals soon. Glad he has a very supportive wife behind him taking care of his needs. Sorry your daughter had to head back home, but glad you got to spend some time with her, too. Prayers for you and yours. Its sure been a rough summer for some.
Post a Comment