Pages

Friday, December 16, 2016

Yes, I'm Still Here

 
Of course this will be a short post... But I felt I needed to put something up, so you'd know I was okay, just extremely busy right now. My life continues to change and not always for the good. As my last post told you, my daughter and her husband and my granddaughter were here the week of Thanksgiving. Now that was a blessing in itself. They took this picture out the window, I believe the day they were about to leave.  I was surprised to see all the deer. They had not been out in the open during the day for a long time. Of a night...yes, but not so much during the day. They were probably looking for some Thanksgiving day leftovers. Good thing they didn't get in our fridge or they might have found lots of them....smile...
 
The kids made it home safe, BUT about a week ago, my daughter was going shopping at Kohl's late one afternoon, she miss stepped and fell and broke her nose..sad... This week they put a cast on it, which went well. But today, she had to have shoulder surgery. Thank God she didn't have to have router cuff surgery, but they did a debridement and took some bone spurs out. So...any good thoughts and or prayers would be greatly appreciated, for comfort and fast healing for her.
 
We have Hospice coming almost every day for my sister in law. They are wonderful people and are truly helping her through this difficult time. And me as well.  Again, I'm asking for prayers for her..
 
Our nice weather that we were experiencing this fall has come to an end and we have been having some very cold weather with wind chills one morning of 10 below zero...brrrr Rusty does not loiter around out there to much...lol He did get to go to the groomer yesterday and now looks absolutely adorable...or should I say handsome??? smile.. I will share a picture with you soon!
 
I do try to get to your blogs, and read them, I just don't always leave a comment. Time just seems to fly by...and I know it's because I have slowed way down.. smile.. time doesn't change....we do! The joys of getting older, I guess.
 
Are you ready for Christmas?? I'm still working on it.. One of these days real soon it will be here, huh??
 
Blessings to you all and thank you for being so patient with me and I hope to blog more as time goes by.
Gert


5 comments:

Linda said...

It's always good to see you post!

Betty said...

Thinking of you all and sending thoughts and good wishes to Brenda and Karen.
Thanks for your post.
Take care and keep warm, dear Gert.
Betty ox

bj said...

thanks so very much for coming by to see me and leaving a sweet comment. I realize it's not easy for you to visit these days.
So sorry about your daughter and pray she will feel much better soon..and you SIL...take care, sweet friend, and have a blessed and happy Christmas xoxo

Susie said...

Gert, You have been in my prayers..since you have not posted for awhile. I will pray for you daughter and your SIL. Please be safe yourself. It's nasty here, ice rain and dropping temperatures this evening. Blessings for a great weekend and the coming week. xoxo, Susie

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, what an awful experience to go through! Glad you had such a nice visit with them over Thanksgiving. Loved the picture of the deer! Take care of yourself, it is a busy season, and praying the Lord blesses and keeps you in His joy and peace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails