While I was spending my days and nights in the hospital...in a room with a view, finally..(another story) I'm sure you are wondering where Rusty was! That Friday after I fell and the doctor sent me to the hospital I too wondered where would Rusty go? We have never left him anywhere before. If Tom and I went somewhere we'd either take him along or Karen watched him here at the house! But those options were out of the question obviously. I did call one Pet Hotel (I know that is funny to say...but I think it was called "Bed and Biscuit"...lol) They didn't answer, so I left a message... (much later they called back and said they were booked since it was Easter weekend!) I texted his groomer Shawn, who he loves to death, to see which kennel she would recommend ...but of course it was Friday and she was working. Decisions...decisions! Randy said he could let him in and out until I found a place. (There were complications with his house...where he couldn't keep Rusty there) Anyway, later in the day Shawn texted me and said "I don't want him at one of those places, I'll take him home with me." Wow! I never expected that...what a relief... as I knew she and her husband who is as wonderful as she is...would really take good care of him. And since Rusty has known her all his life..literally....and loves her to death..he would be fine. As I look back on the previous week...Shawn and her husband had come over and set up a ramp for Rusty, here at the house. He's getting arthritis in his legs and it is hard for him to go down the steps. Anyway, in conversation she mentioned how Tom had said one time, years ago, "would you take care of Rusty if something happened to Gert or I?" And of course she said "yes". Well, I felt like here Tom was still taking care of Rusty and I even from the grave... I know that might sound crazy to some, but not to me.
In the following days I'd text her to see how Rusty was doing and of course he was enjoying his mini vacation!
On the following Monday when Shawn brought Rusty home, all groomed and pretty, I heard what an adventurous time he had had! They live on an acreage and have goats and chickens etc. They also have other Shih Tzu's , so they got to play together..in and outside the house. He was able to come and go as he pleased, the door was open. They also have a doggie ramp, so he learnt how to use it while he was there! It rained (as you can see by the first picture) so he got somewhat muddy...lol He met their cat (who is almost as big as Rusty). I guess he barked at it once...and then all was well. That was surprising as he "hates" cats...smile... It was so funny...as Shawn said you would not have recognized him...as he had turned into a regular farm dog...ha! But quickly became the city dog again after a haircut and a bath!! He looked at me when he got home...like "are you okay? Where have you been? Wait till I tell you all about my weekend on the farm..."
I hope you're all having an amazing SONday. We have chilly temperatures (41 degrees...with 20 mph winds, making it feel like 32!) and rain! They are predicting rain/snow showers tomorrow morning...ugggg Winter does not want to let go... What kind of weather are you having ?
3 comments:
Oh Gert, it's wonderful that Rusty was cared for by such nice folk. Seems like he enjoyed his holiday :)
Hope the weather soon changes to warmer days.
A big hug to you!
Betty x
I am so very happy to see a post from you and know that you are home and doing ok.
I do feel that Tom is watching over you and had that all planned out for Rusty to be taken care of if something happened where you could not take care of him. I am tickled he got to see the "Country side" of life. Remember the old kids book- The City Mouse and The Country Mouse? Both wanting to live the other's life until they actually tried it...and decided home was best. lol
I hope you continue to do well, Gert, and that you feel okay. God bless you. xo Diana
ps. Rain here and more rain tomorrow but I think our snow days are over (maybe).
I'm sorry about your fall Gert! I hope you are doing better, and how wonderful that the Lord and Tom worked together to take care of Rusty for you while you were in the hospital, and that Rusty got to have a mini vacation, so special! Take care dear friend, hope you get back to feeling better quite soon!
Post a Comment