Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Catch Up

Wow...I can't believe how time has been flying by...first it's one month and before I know it, another one is here! Soon, the children will be heading back to school and I'm sure their thinking the same thing...where did it go?? ha!
 
Everyday there is something to write about and I just don't seem to get it down on paper. Or should I say, I don't put it up on the blog.. but will try to do better.. but here is a bit of my days..with more to come....


One night as bedtime drew near, I shut the TV off. In the quiet, I journaled for the past couple of days with the memories that I held dear. I woke Rusty up as he laid stretched out on the living room floor, to let him know he had to go outside before he went to bed. I went to the door and as I opened it I felt the heat and humidity of the summer’s night. It made me really appreciate the air-conditioning in the house. I saw the lights of the fireflies as they blinked on and off while they flew across the yard! What a beautiful site. Then I looked into the dark night’s sky and saw the moon as it tried to shine through the clouds as they  were floating by. Memories-memories-childhood memories is how I felt on that dark, hot, and steamy summers night.
 
 
When I woke the other morning, and opened the curtains in the front room, I noticed the bird seed was gone. The deer must have come in the night and cleaned it up. But I saw a little bunny out there who was trying to find some scraps of corn. Its pink ears gleaming in the morning sunlight. Sweetness, only God can provide!!

Last night as bedtime drew near....I finished watching my TV show and prepared to let Rusty out for one last time.  As I opened the door a whiff of something different crossed my nostrils.  At first I thought someone had a fire pit burning, (which some of our neighbors do). Then to my horror I realized it was the smoke from the California fires. I remembered seeing a picture of the haze from them earlier in the day.
 Please let us pray...(or have good thoughts)
God, I'm asking you to intervene in the Southern California wildfires. Only you can calm the winds, send the rain, strengthen every helper and do miracles!
 


When I found this on line, I thought it was perfect to share on this post. I can not believe how terrible this fire is....and the fact that the smoke can drift all way to the Midwest is unbelievable.. sad...

more to come...
 

4 comments:

Linda said...

I join you in praying for those in California.
It's amazing how memories can be so strong with just a whisper of a summer night or a scent or even a taste of something.
I'm grateful God gave us the ability to remember.....

Gmail sign up said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gert said...

Thanks for stopping by. I’m trying to figure out this new blog system. Normally I would have gotten an e mail with your comment. But not anymore. Not sure I like the new Blog. And yes memories do come from so many things. I love it!!!!

Ida said...

Darling little bunny. Yes the smoke from fires has been awful. We have had really poor air quality here in Washington lately but the smoke is from fires in Canada. Makes it hard to get outside.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails