Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Plentiful Day...

 
Today Tom went down to the garden (with Rusty) and picked all the tomatoes and green peppers that were ripe. Goodness look at the bounty!! We'll be freezing most of them (once we get some gallon freezer bags!) That is where we're going tomorrow...we have a shopping list, I think a mile long..smile..

 
Last night we went to our monthly potluck. It was so nice to see everyone and of course the food was wonderful!!! We sat with our friends and she had made "ham balls" and cupcakes. So, when it was time to go home...she said would you like the ham balls and the cupcakes, I don't want to have to take them home! Yeah!! I'm going to ask her for the recipe and when she gives it to me...I'll post it here.  They paired quite nicely with our sweet corn for lunch today!! smile.. Look at my sweet corn holder and picks! I've had them forever...not sure where I found them or when. But I'm sure I've had them for a long time!
 
My friend stopped by and fixed my hair this morning...so I sent a cupcake with her as she headed back to work!! smile....
 
Tomorrow, as you all know is Friday the 13th...any plans?? Like I said before we're going shopping...there are plenty of Friday the 13th sales.
 
more as it happens here in the city................ 

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It does look like you have lots of garden bounty, Gert. Your ham balls and cupcakes sound delightful. I knew you would share!!!

I have a Friday the 13th post for tomorrow about a "haunted" place that is close to here. xo Diana

NanaDiana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...

Great harvest! The Ham Balls look delicious. Look forward to the recipe.
Have a great Friday 13th.
Betty OX

Susie said...

Gert, Your harvest looks very good. You'll be glad to have those tomatoes this coming winter, to put in soup. Nice that your friend gave things to take home . xoxo,Susie

Boopnut said...

Didn't get any cherry tomatoes this year from friends. Oh well. Will go to the market. Can't wait for the ham balls recipe.
Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails