Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

What a Glorious Weekend

Last Thursday my family arrived from Georgia for my daughters wedding!! We were feeling so bad, as our weather had drastically changed from the week before. It had been in the upper 60's and 70 degrees. When they arrived it was in the 50's. We should learn to always be thankful for what God gives us...as this week, we had the "spring blizzard". I don't even want to think of how miserable that would have been for them. First of all they wouldn't have even made it up to our house... Whew...smile... 
Our granddaughter Amanda, scurried through the door, to give grandma a big ((hug))... 
 
And John, (the groom to be) was welcomed by Rusty!! ha! ha!!
That was a fun evening, we got pizza and enjoyed catching up on our lives.
The next morning, we were up early (so my friend could do my hair before she went to work!) After we went to breakfast at Perkins, the couple had to stop at the courthouse to pick up their marriage license!! (They were so funny...wish I'd have gotten a picture of it...they came 'skipping'...yes skipping down the street!!!) Then they had some other errands to run. 
Finally, Saturday, the big day came and it was a whirlwind of things to do. The 'bride to be' had to get her hair and nails done, while the 'groom to be' had to take care of the flowers...among many other things! Later of course the 'bride to be' had to get dressed, with the help of her bridesmaid. (Her Amanda..) plus get to the church on time..smile.. That was the responsibility of her brother, Randy!! As I was waiting in the church, all I could envision was him with a cattle prod...poking her along...ha..ha!!!  But, I'm sure he learnt a lesson, you 'can't' hurry a bride to be!!!

The service was beautiful!! The music, the vows, the love that showed on their faces. 

Then there was the reception...which was wonderful.. From the appetizers, entree'and the fantastic cake!! (How they got all this put together in such a short time was unbelievable!) Everyone really enjoyed it, but especially me.. Made me feel very special..

They flew out Sunday, so it was a short amount of time, but there was a lot of memories made during those few days. I will cherish them forever.

Tonight, they are having their reception back at home, with their friends and family. Then Monday off to St. Lucia! (How romantic is that??) I can't wait to hear all about it and see all the photos!!

Happy Easter my friends..

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Happy Easter, Gert...and what a wonderful wedding your daughter had. I am sure it was a bittersweet day as you missed Tom being there. I know he was there in spirit though. It sounds like there was lots of joy shared in those brief days. Blessings to you and your sweet family. xo Diana

TexWisGirl said...

love the couple in the heart. so great. congrats to them!

Susie said...

Easter blessings to you my dear friend. Gert, the wedding looked like it was beautiful and full of love. I am so glad they came to be with you for the wedding. You are special . So nice of your son to prod his sister.LOL. Blessings to all of you. I know your Tom was watching all. xoxo, love, Susie

Shirley said...

Happy Easter Gert, I think about you quite often and mother nature doesn't care what kind of weather she gives us. A beautiful wedding and family was there to share the memories that were made. I ate Easter lunch with my hubby today at the nursing home. Spend the day until about 4 with him then I came home. I pop in but don't always get to leave a message. Have a wonderful day. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley

Betty said...

Great to see these lovely photos of Brenda and her husband. Amanda and Randy too. I guess it was cool, but not like the week-end after! Hope things have thawed out now.

Linda said...

What a perfect time for a wedding!!! Spring and Easter - it couldn't be better!!

Nellie said...

What a wonderful time for you and the family, Gert! Beautiful bride!! I wish them much happiness! xo Nellie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails