Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

Randy's Surgery and more

Well Wednesday, Randy had his skin graft surgery and all went well. But the donor site is very sore and painful. I feel so bad, and continue to pray for healing and comfort for him. (I'd appreciate you're good thoughts and prayers for him too...)
 
 
 
 
 These are just some photo's of what I've spotted as I drove home the other day from Randy's. I ran a fan over to them. Some of these buildings, I think are so pretty.

 
We had some much cooler weather today. (Thank goodness..) Yesterday felt like a normal...'hot' no wind kind of summer day. Just no way to get comfortable outside. On these terribly hot days I've been putting a cold bottle of water in the mailbox. He always stops by, as I normally have something to be mailed. I try to send cards and letters to my friends and family almost everyday. Do you still use the snail mail?? It seems it is someone's birthday or anniversary. And I think it's fun to get mail!! smile.. Today we were just leaving and since it was cooler, I didn't put any water out for Matt, the mailman. He came walking up the driveway and he said it was pretty muggy and warm today. I felt so bad as there wasn't any water for him<>
 

Have you been enjoying any garden vegetables lately? We got a few tomatoes this week, so enjoyed them on a hamburger yesterday and I made BLT's today. They are so good. Sure nothing like you buy in the store..
 
Of course, Rusty is finally zonked out and it's time for bed..  So I will sign off for now. Good night!

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you're very kind to think of the mailman. i hope randy will keep healing and his pain can reduce quickly!

Boopnut said...

Wonderful sunny pics! Continued prayers for Randy. Had a fresh BLT with a good tomato! Yum! I don't do much as far as fresh fruits and vegetables because of digestion problems, but I certainly like them!
Deb

Betty said...

So pleased the surgery went well for Randy. Hope now for a speedy recovery.
Your photos of Sioux City are lovely. So clear and it looks hot!
I'm sure the postman appreciates your kindness on the very hot days . . so thoughtful of you:)
Take care, Gert ox

Susie said...

Gert, I am praying for Randy and all of you. He will have a way to go still. Prayers will help. I love your pictures of the buildings and the previous post...the butterflies and flowers. I think those are zinnas and they are so bright and pretty. You are so good to your mailman. Take care of yourself, hope your throat gets better soon. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Linda said...

How thoughtful!! Louis Dean offers our mailman a bottle of water if we see him but I never thought to leave water out for him. How does he know it's for him? You must have a very special relationship! I love that!
Prayers thorugh this day for your Randy as I clean and putter around the house. He has sure been through a lot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails