Yesterday, our weather was pretty un-predicable! Rusty was somewhat nervous I guess, he jumped into my lap and just sat there. (Which he seldom does.) So, I thought I'd do a selfie! smile...
We did go to our dinner last night. It was very nice. The food was delicious and way too much as always. It was so fun to see so many people again. Later, we kept hearing some thunder and thought "Oh no, its going to rain and storm before we leave". But, you know, you can't just leave when your on a committee. So, there was clean up and get ready for the next day. When we finally left it was just barely sprinkling! After we got home, the storm started, lightening, thunder and rain coming down like crazy!! Praise God we all made it home safely!!
Today we went to church first, then headed over for fellowship. Soon, Tom and Ray headed to WalMart to pick up the fried chicken for the potluck. (Which had been ordered and paid for.) Well, they were gone for a couple hours, I called Tom and he said WalMart said they had lost the order!!! So, they had to stand and wait for those 100 pieces of chicken to be cooked!!! sad....
Since it was a potluck, I thought about this Fruit Salad to make, but it was buried in my recipe box. It was an old recipe as you can see by the picture. smile... It was always Tom's favorite, but I just forgot about it until the other night. (Probably because it was buried...hee...hee!) Have you ever made it?
The day was nice, but we didn't have a very big crowd. But those who were there made it all worthwhile.
Dear, dear friends.


1 comment:
glad the weather stayed away just long enough! that's sad about the fried chicken order!
Post a Comment