Yesterday, we traveled to South Dakota...these are some of the sites we saw! Lovely farmsteads!
The day had some whispy clouds across the skies...the land was in different colors as Fall was in the air!
The farmers were combining their soybeans and look at the dust they are stirring up...course this is normal..thank goodness they are in the cab.
Here was a farmstead with a red barn under the electric towers and wires.... (do you think they hummm??)
And last but not least....my kind of barn...smile....maybe a fixer upper??? I just couldn't pass this one up!!!
We had a nice day, went to the cemetery, where Tom's mom and aunt Pearl are buried along with several other family members. Tom's cousins and their spouses drove up also, afterwards, we went to a neighboring small town for lunch. I had called ahead of time and they had a table all set up for us, which was really nice. They have really good fried chicken dinners, so that is what we all (9 of us) had! It was a lovely day...they went back home, and we toured a few more towns...I have lots of pictures of buildings I will share with you on another post.
I hope you are having a blessed week and looking forward to a nice weekend.....





3 comments:
This looks like a wonderful trip, Gert! Yum! Fried chicken! My favorite meal for SO many years! It has been a long time since I have had fried chicken, though.
I really like the red barns, and I'd think those wires just might hum!:)
It was busy for me here today, with the chorus performing mid-day, followed by lunch, then a UMW Committee meeting tonight in a nearby town. I'm glad to be home.:)
Have a good night!
xo Nellie
What a lovely day it looks Gert! I love to see pics. of the countryside around your way. Looks very pretty.
You would enjoy catching up with relatives and having lunch together.
Hope you are well.
Betty ox
love the farming country!
Post a Comment